How to Use Easy Daysies - It's Easy!
1. At home, start with only the morning routine or just the bedtime routine, depending on the area you want to work on.
2. Have your child look at the pictures and words to tell you what they are in order. If the child is not yet reading, teach him/her to use the pictures and beginning letter sounds to guess what it says. Later, you can move onto phonetically sounding out the words.
3. Ask them which task is first, then which is next.
4. After completing ONE individual task come back and look at the Easy Daysies. Ask your child what he or she did and have them point to it and locate it. (At an early age children learn best visually and kinaesthetically… that is, seeing and doing). With older children, ask them why they think one specific task comes before the other. For example, Why do you think homework comes before free time?
5. Repeat the process of coming back to the Easy Daysies and cheering on your child. They will be so glad and proud, and they will be excited about coming back to Easy Daysies the next day for a repeat performance!
6. Have fun with Easy Daysies. When you are ready, or maybe as a reward, tell your child that he/she can make the Easy Daysies for Saturday or Sunday morning for the whole family.
7. Later on it will be fun for the child to help, and believe me, once they know the routine, they become more than proud to place it all by themselves!
Welcome Dragons' Den viewers - take 10% off your online order with discount code 'dragon'! Or "Like" us on Facebook for an even bigger discount!